seeking examples of comprehensive plans encouraging intentional communities
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:56:14 -0800 (PST)
I have been contacted by someone in WA state that is serving on a steering
committee to develop a "Comprehensive Plan for the county that will guide land
use and other elements for the next 20 years.  I want to propose language for
the plan that will allow for and even encourage intentional communities.  I
know from my research that dealing with governmental agencies is one of the
biggest obstacles for developing intentional communities and having a
methodology in place will help both the county and the groups seeking to create
these communities in the future.

If you could point to any good examples of how other counties have dealt with
this in their comprehensive plans or have any other information that would be
helpful in developing language that would help in this regard it would be much
appreciated."

Does anyone have any good examples to share- while he says county, I think at
city level would also work?  It would be helpful to include the jurisdiction,
state, and any key contacts you know about in your examples.  Please share by
Tuesday so I can compile my responses for him.

Thanks!

grace h. kim, aia
grace [at] schemataworkshop.com<mailto:grace [at] schemataworkshop.com>
2010 Livable Communities Award

schemata workshop inc.
<http://schemataworkshop.com/>
206.285.1589   1720 12th ave #3   seattle wa
98122<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=schemata+workshop&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl>
www.schemataworkshop.com<http://www.schemataworkshop.com/>