Re: seeking examples of comprehensive plans encouraging intentional communities
From: Bryan Bowen (bryanbryanbowenarchitects.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:09:54 -0800 (PST)
The city of Boulder has been working on similar language.  There is a
Comprehensive Plan you can download, or you could call the planning
department (Charles Ferro) and they can help you.  They will probably also
have precedents.

We drafted concepts for several Utah cities that would encourage pocket
neighborhoods, solar access, and a few green building concepts.  It was very
loose, and I'm sure you've already come that far.  We also made some
presentations and wrote up some recommendations for several NM Tribes, but
it's the sort of thing I have to destroy once the work is done (by
contract).

The Smart Code and Light Imprint Handbook has something as well, I believe.

I'd be happy to collaborate as well - we could use a template.

-b

bryan bowen architects, p.c.
1510 ZAMIA AVENUE #103   -  BOULDER, CO  80304  -   (303)443-3629
www.bryanbowenarchitects.com