Re: seeking examples of comprehensive plans encouraging intentional communities
From: Oz (ozsongaia.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:53:56 -0800 (PST)
Grace, et. al

Back when Exec. Dir. of Coho/US, before I became Oz, I was told that
Bellingham Cohousing (developer: Wonderland Hill Development Company) drove
changes in the Bellingham City zoning which have been helpful to a new
cohousing community - also in Bellingham. I believe the changes that were
helpful were about density, number of required parking spaces and utilities.

I believe I heard this from members of that new community:

http://www.cohousing.org/directory/view/23548

Grace, I suspect that the best source for this information are those
professionals, like yourself and Bryan, who have helped multiple forming
groups on their journey to build cohousing community.

On the other hand, I suspect the small, forming do-it-yourself groups are
the ones that have boldly gone to their local jurisdictions and have, in
the effect, said, "our needs are just and true, please change that
inconsistent code to better suit your constituents needs"

Oz Ragland
http://www.ozragland.com

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Bryan Bowen <bryan [at]
bryanbowenarchitects.com