Re: General Meetings and visitors
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 06:50:21 -0800 (PST)
We have varied on this. I will say that when we have had open meetings and the
meeting has dealt with a tough issue, we have had folk join right after that.

There is nothing like confidence that a group can handle what needs to be
handled as a sales tool.

And we have had phases that we had tough stuff at the first half of the meeting
and prospectives were welcome to join us from the break on.

Pre-building we had "intro" meetings once a month just prior to our general
meeting, and our general meeting twice a month. Attendance at an "intro" was
required so that naturally pushed all the first-timers to one of the two
meetings and we scheduled content accordingly.

And since move-in we've moved LLC meetings (the gatherings of the original
founders discussing what to do to get the remaining homes to be sold, etc.) to
once a month, on a different date than the General Meetings where we discuss
and make decisions about life here.

-Liz
Elizabeth Magill
www.worcesterfellowship.org