General Meetings and visitors
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:10:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Greg,

Good question.  I will tell you what we did, and I still appreciate it as
having worked well for us.

We invited interested folks to come to an Open House before each business
meeting.
We offered snacks: lemonade and graham crackers, usually.
One or two of use would give a tour of the land.
Then we would all gather for questions folks might want to ask us, and of
course to introduce ourselves.
I think we then had a potluck lunch, and then meetings began.  Folks were
invited to stay.
these were pretty long days!

Currently we have anOpenHouse once a month.  Folks are welcome to sit in on our
meeting which starts at 4pm, after the Open House Tour.  Occasionally we have
needed privacy for a discussion.  We moved in over ten years ago, and this has
happened only once or twice.  Mostly, folks are welcome to see our actual
process.

Hope your group finds a way that is comfortable for you,
Ruth