Path lighting
From: T William Smith (twswdwrkrgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:34:27 -0800 (PST)
Good evening,
I am writing on behalf of Belfast CoHousing and Ecovillage in Belfast,
Maine.  We have started building!  It will probably be a 2-3 year process
and there are still some details to work out.  One of those details
concerns the need for path lighting.  Not lighting for paths to individual
houses but, rather, lighting along the Maine paths connecting houses to
each other and to the Common House.   We have several concerns and were
wondering if any of you have advice for us as we move forward.  (1) One
concern is that we live in New England and need to have fixtures that will
stand up to snow drifts and the occasional bump by a snow plow.  (2)  A
second concern is the desire to be able to enjoy the glory of the night sky
without too much ambient light.  (3) Third, we expressed an initial strong
preference against solar fixtures (on the gorunds of strudiness), but would
be interested if anyone has anything to suggest in this area.  (4) Finally,
cost is, of course , an issue.
We would appreciate any ideas or leads you might be able to offer.

With thanks and
For Belfast Area CoHousing and Ecovillage,
Bill Smith