Re: Do you wish you had a rental policy?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 04:50:52 -0800 (PST)
"One view is that adult tenants should have the same rights and duties as
adult owners, and be integrated into community life as fully as possible.
 An alternative view is that it's very hard for an owner to find a good
tenant — and would much harder if the landlord imposed cohousing
expectations on the pool of candidates."

Maybe it's because our community is in a semi-rural area but our experience
is that most renters who move here do so in large part -because- it's
cohousing. There are other places they could choose to rent, but usually
they actively desire to live in our community and are therefore as likely
to partipate in community as owner residents.

I'm relieved that so far we have had nothing but positive experiences with
renters. We do have a rental policy but it's really non restrictive, and
mostly centers around getting the renters integrated into the community.

Diana
Mosaic Commons in beautiful Berlin, MA