Welcoming new members
From: Spencer Beard (spencers2cycle.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:08:40 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

Our developing cohousing group is at a stage wherein a core group of 5
families has been working together for 1.5 years and we are ready to bring
in new neighbors. I was wondering what kind (if any) of welcoming ceremonies
other cohousing groups may use to mark a prospective member's decision to
actually join the community? At that point in the process, our new people
will have had a "buddy" family assigned and have attended a number of
meetings, both social and business.

But how do any of you mark the change in status from "interested" to
"committed"?

spencer
Capitol Hill Urban Cohousing
Seattle