Re: Welcoming new members
From: Catya Belfer (catyapobox.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 05:22:08 -0800 (PST)
We have two different ones, one for associates, and one for members/buyers
- both happen in our general meetings.

Both start with the reading of a couple paragraph agreement document that
the new folks then sign.

For the associates, the circle of people at the meeting stands up, and they
get handshakes or hugs and welcomes going around the circle.

For the members/buyers, we have a tealight candle lit for each existing
household, and they light a new one off one of the previous ones, and then
they get applauded.

     - cat

PS - I'm doing a session on building ceremonies in your communities at the
conference this year :)

Catya Belfer   -  www.catya.org
Cohousing in MA!  -  www.mosaic-commons.org