Re: Welcoming new members
From: Michael Barrett (mbarretttoast.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 06:44:56 -0800 (PST)
For many people a significant benchmark in the path from first knowledge of cohousing to move-in has to be the point at which they pay a substantial lump sum of money to the nascent organization with little or no expectation that they can get the money back, in the short term, if they want or need it.
To me, making that payment represents commitment (and justifies a party).

Michael Barrett
Shadowlake Village in Blacksburg Virginia, where we are wondering if winter is over or or it hasn't yet arrived. The wiser money is on "not yet arrived".

----- Original Message ----- From: "Spencer Beard" <spencer [at] s2cycle.com>