Broken promises policy
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 04:50:27 -0800 (PST)
Susan Bennett <chezbenn [at] gmail.com>
after adding a meaningful subject line.

Our community is trying to clean up our policies and get missing pieces in
place.  We have been advised to develop a policy for what we are calling
"broken promises" -- that is, situations when a community member fails to
adhere to community policies, vision, and values..  We are unclear about
what that would look like or when it would be used, except that it would
involve a series of steps from mild to severe, involving as a last step
asking a member to leave the community..  We would like to know whether
other communities have such policies, what they entail, and what other
resources might be useful to us in thinking about this issue.  Thanks for
your help.

Susan Bennett, Columbia Ecovillage