Documents v. Reality
From: Holly McNutt (holly.mcnuttgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:34:03 -0800 (PST)
Here at Nyland our Board of Directors, on which I serve, is looking into
revising our governing docs (CC&R's and Bylaws) to more accurately reflect the
agreements we truly live by.  In a nutshell, the docs are pretty much standard
issue HOA variety, which helps people get mortgages and such, and the community
agreements are more "cohousing-ish."  This has worked for 20 years now, but
some people feel they really ought to be more in line.  I find myself in the
"let's not revise" camp because it looks like an awfully big job and I am not
sure how changes away from the HOA norm might affect future financing options.
I like the idea of greater consistency,  but wonder if it's worth it, or even
possible since there are areas where we don't even really HAVE firm agreements.
Has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks,
Holly