Re: Emergency powers?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 05:15:57 -0800 (PST)
On 1 Feb 2012, at 9:00 PM, Mary Ann Clark wrote:

> We also have a process for calling an emergency meeting of the community (a
> plenary). Amazingly once we had a procedure in place "emergencies" quit
> happening ;-)

Can you say more about this?

Our decision-making policy received much criticism before we "revised" it, then
they stopped.

But the revision changed nothing. We added some examples (extremely helpful to
people) and clarified some language. No fundamental changes in process or
requirements. Suddenly it worked for everyone.

Perhaps it was the line by line reading and discussing word by word — which
some also tried to get stopped — that helped the naysayers understand it. More
likely, I think it focused them and required them to think about what they
would change. Here's your opportunity — how would you do it better? They
couldn't.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines