Looking for Change [ was Web site specificity: opinions?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:14:59 -0800 (PST)
On 2 Feb 2012, at 9:27 AM, Caity McCardell wrote:

> Readers are looking to change their lives by moving
> into your community - I encourage you to give them a sense of what that
> life might be like until they get a chance to visit.

Very well said. This was most commonly expressed in our group. If people were
not looking for change, why else would they be attracted? In our community, we
have addressed this least. We haven't followed up and asked, did you get the
change you wanted?

When people see the CH and think about living less expensively (an erroneous
expectation), it's because they want to do something they haven't been able to
do.

There was a comment in a meeting a few years ago from a member who said, "I
wanted to be more creative and be with people who would help me do that." We
still haven't addressed his need.

I wanted more meals with real vegetables, not more carbs. Every meal has a
beautiful salad, and tons of carb intensive foods. We've gone through one rice
cooker already.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines