Re: Emergency powers?
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:51:51 -0800 (PST)
We have a couple of people who are authorized to approve emergency repairs.
Both are home during the day and easy to reach.  The maintenance committee can
also authorize emergency repairs, but is harder to convene on short notice.
The steering committee still has broad powers to act in urgent situations if we
can't get a decision.  this is a leftover from our time as a forming group when
there were more time sensitive urgent decisions.  We left in in place just in
case something came up, but in practice, the steering committee is focused on
long-range planning, not urgent issues.