Re: Annual budget increases & capital improvements
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:23:00 -0800 (PST)
On 19 Feb 2012, at 7:23 PM, Katie Henry wrote:

> Before I left EVC, I was talking to Stan (the TVC and EVC reserve
> study expert) about a solar-powered battery backup system that would
> provide long-term power for a handful of emergency functions --
> a few outlets for recharging things and running a fridge, one heat pump
> for emergency heat in the CH, emergency lights in the stairs, running a
> pump that prevents flooding in heavy rain, etc. Maybe you guys should
> consider something like that.

What we are waiting for one of our members to test for long range outages is
the Prius solution. With an increasing number sitting in our parking lot, we
have always ready electric power. There is some way to harness this to the CH.

During the last outage of several days, we used a gas powered generator.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC