Re: Sales and vacancies
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:25:17 -0800 (PST)
I think that might be to big a task- maybe you could get info on foreclosures
only.  In a relatively new community it is easy to come up with the sales
history, but in older communities it would be a pain to recreate. I suspect the
foreclosure rate in cohousing is quite a bit lower than the general rate.  I
know I have encountered  research on the turnover rate, but I don't remember
who did it.  Anyone out there know of a study on the resale rate?

For what it is worth- 8 of our units have the original owners, one was owned
for a couple years by the community, and  was bought an year and half ago, one
unit was sold to new owners 2 years ago, and one unit has just entered a lease/
purchase agreement. No foreclosures.
Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing
Aptos, CA