Sociocracy and Blocking
From: Susan Sweitzer (sue.sweitzergmail.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
Our consensus works much more smoothly now that we have a better
understanding of the difference between blocking and standing aside.  People
invoke standing aside and at that point the group tries very hard to
understand the basis of the objection.

Blocking is intended to be used ONLY when the blocker feels very strongly
that it is for the betterment of the group that something not be carried
forward. It is important to understand this a block is not appropriate for a
personal opinion in opposition to the group.

Susan Sweitzer
Cobb Hill Co-housing
36 Linden Road
Hartland, VT 05048 USA