Number of Units [ was Co-farming in the Cities]
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:07:37 -0700 (PDT)
On 12 May 2012, at 2:41 PM, R Philip Dowds wrote:

> And, some think that 30 to 40 households is the right number for cohousing
> communities.  Much more, and no one can learn all the names or remember all
> the stories.  Much less, and it can be too intimate, like a nuclear reactor
> with no damper rods.  Interesting to imagine that successful ecovillages are
> built up out of successful cohousing communities.

And for other numbers, we have 43 units and 91 residents, ~22 are children.
That is drastically more than we had at move in when there were about 57 — I
haven't done the exact count.

Most units were one or two people when we moved in, then people partnered up
and had children. When one person moves out typically at least two move in.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC