Re: financing capital projects
From: Mary Ann Clark (drmaryannmac.com)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
As a completely self-developed project, we continue to do capital improvements.
We have a standing Planning and Improvement committee who plans and executes
these projects. New projects are generally funded out of our dues, so are
shared equally among the members. We also have a healthy reserve fund account
(also funded out of our dues) for doing long-term maintenance of capital items,
i.e., roofing and painting of the Common House, road repairs, etc. Since we're
not a condo but free-standing homes, maintenance of individual units are the
responsibility of the owners. We hope that good fiscal management will keep us
from having to do special assessments for these types of projects.

Mary Ann
Manzanita Village where we can watch planes carrying water to the Gladiator
Fire near Crown King, AZ