Re: Online or Social media marketing - what has worked for you? finder's fees?
From: Oz (ozsongaia.com)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 16:25:13 -0700 (PDT)
I used to do the primary marketing efforts for Songaia - although we called
it "outreach" rather than marketing back in the day.

Almost exactly half of the Songaia members and associates first connected
with us via our website...

http://songaia.com
(p.s. our site is ancient, as parts have not been updated since before
move-in way back in 2000)

We sold out before construction and have always been full - except when one
past member unilaterally decided to list her home with a Realtor, rather
than use our own community resources... silly person.

All but that one sale have been private - to other members or associates
without real estate commissions. Our largest traffic sources have been the
Cohousing and Communities directories, cohousing.org advertisements, and
organic search.

Before we sold out, I made extensive use of paid search words, but that was
back when you could buy traffic for pennies per click. If you are using
them today, I HIGHLY recommend that you use geo-targetting to avoid paying
for traffic from long distances. If you don't, you'll be paying for
irrelevant traffic and competing with other communities and cohousing
businesses - thus unnecessarily increasing the cost per click for everybody.

Oz Ragland
ozragland.com