Re: Online or Social media marketing - what has worked for you? finder's fees?
From: Judy Baxter (baxterjsgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 20:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Oz <oz [at] songaia.com> wrote:

> Before we sold out, I made extensive use of paid search words, but that was
> back when you could buy traffic for pennies per click. If you are using
> them today, I HIGHLY recommend that you use geo-targetting to avoid paying
> for traffic from long distances. If you don't, you'll be paying for
> irrelevant traffic and competing with other communities and cohousing
> businesses - thus unnecessarily increasing the cost per click for
> everybody.
>
> Thanks for the tip, Oz.  I just heard about the geo-targetting, from a
google ad on my gmail.  Do you have a sense of how close/far to go?
I'm thinking Upper Midwest for our Minneapolis community.

And I agree,about realtors.  In 20 years and I don't know how many sales of
10 units that have changed hands, only one was a successful realtor sale,
and I suspect it's the exception " that proves the rule".
Judy

Judy Baxter

Monterey Cohousing

Minneapolis, MN