Re: Online or Social media marketing - what has worked for you? finder's fees?
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon says:
> I think you have to get that information from people who do visit or
> purchase units - how did you hear about us?

Particularly because some of those people will have seen multiple ads from
you by the time they purchase. If someone has a message titled "Wimbledon
Commons Cohousing" in their gmail inbox they're likely to see a "Live at
Wimbledon Commons Cohousing" ad, and may well click on it to get to your
website. Yes, you got a click-through. No, it is not going to lead to a
sale, because the click came from someone already in contact with you.

Ad-tracking is a fun game for those who have the time to spend on it.
Asking people what worked to get them engaged is IMO a more efficient use
of time.

Moz