Re: What is your Marketing Budget
From: Doug Huston (hustonashlandcoho.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 18:41:05 -0700 (PDT)
btw - We have a marketing budget of $200 (which has been rolling over and there's more than that now) and we have $250 for Coho/US. (separate).

On Jun 1, 2012, at 8:45 AM, Melanie Mindlin wrote:

We have an ongoing budget of about $300 a year. We spend $200 of that for our community fees to the National Cohousing Association. We believe that Coho/US is serving our community most by keeping cohousing in the public eye and maintaining a website and directory where people can learn about it and find our community if they are looking in our area. Having a public presence also confers legitimacy with appraisers, another important resale issue right now.

We have also used money from our marketing line item for small legal items that have come up during resale. We haven't needed money for "advertising" since our initial sales, but it's surprising what other items come up during the couple of resales we have had.
Melanie