Re: Marketing Expense for forming community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 05:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
On 4 Jun 2012, at 10:54 AM, Jim O'Connor wrote:

>  Could some people who have been to the
> conference and exhibited comment on the worth they found for forming
> communities?

I haven't exhibited there but was amazed that so many people were there looking
for communities. I had expected everyone to be from a forming or moved in
community. A national conference seemed not to be best the place to look for a
community but that's where they were looking.

I found myself in many groups where people were comparing the communities they
had visited, sharing notes. There were also many people who were considering
forming or forming communities.

Another advantage of taking a table at a conference is that it is like setting
up an office. Your members can leave stuff there and check in with each other
there. New friends and prospective residents can also find you there. It
creates a center. EVen if you don't have someone there all the time, and I
encourage you to be there much of the time, you can leave notes there.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC