Re: The reverse of one person blocking consensus
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 23:33:46 -0700 (PDT)
At Cornerstone, it takes a minimum of three households to join in making a
proposal that is eligible for time at Plenary (General Meeting of the whole).
If there are objections to that proposal, both proponents and opponents are
supposed to meet to resolve the objection prior to the next Plenary; either the
proposal is amended, or the objectors are mollified in some other way.  Or not.

We've never had a situation where the same proposal keeps coming back and
failing for the same reason.  The problem we have more often is that proposals
never get made or discussed because the likelihood of failure, or unpleasant
interactions, seems too high.

R Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Cohousing
175 Harvey Street, Unit 5