Re: Common House Design Workshop
From: Holly McNutt (holly.mcnuttgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
After 20 years of awful tables that were supposed to be "temporary" Nyland
Cohousing now has AWESOME tables!  I started researching tables a few years ago
when I served on our Common House team.   I came up with a design that would
allow the table tops to flip into a vertical position so the tables could be
pushed off to one side of the room and nestle together to take up very little
space.  I found legs on locking casters so that the tables could be rolled and
then locked into position.  Then I left that group and went on to our Board of
Directors.  Two years later, that team took up the idea and had the tables
custom built.  They are gorgeous and incredibly functional and I am so glad to
see this vision become a reality!  Can send photos to anyone who wants. - Holly