Re: custom tables
From: John Carver (jcarverislandnet.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
Custom tables on the cheap:
When we first moved in we didn't have the funds to spend on furnishings, and made do with old heavy oblong folding tables that were given to us. Later one of our members got a great deal on five 6-foot round tables, total $60. The round tables were much more to our liking, but not pretty. They were rough, stained plywood tops, having been used for who knows what.

So our hard-working carpenter Kaj repaired and sanded them, and several inspired members, including children, painted designs on the tops. Then they were coated with a durable, clear coating. Here is one of them being worked on: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150972973850149&set=p.10150972973850149&type=1&theater

John Carver
Pacific Gardens Cohousing
Nanaimo, BC
http://pacificgardens.ca/