Re: how to incorporate out-of-town members during development phase
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:16:04 -0700 (PDT)
We have had good luck with Skype, with or without video, when we used a
hand-held microphone. It served as a talking stick in the meeting, and the
person on the other end could hear everything clearly. They still did not
participate much, but were able to chime in when they wanted to.

The times we've used Skype without a microphone that could be passed
around, or used a speaker phone, the remote person was only able to hear
about 50% of what was said, and the people physically in the meeting space
sometimes forgot that they were there.

Jenny
Kingfisher Cohousing (seeking site)
Oakland, CA