Meal Cleaners—any good solutions for getting 'em?
From: Martha Wagner (wordbizpdxgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:57:34 -0700 (PDT)
Our food team would like to know how other communities have successfully dealt
with a scarcity of after-dinner cleaners. Our kitchen does get cleaned, but
often it's the same people who step up to clean when others don't sign up or
cancel after signing up. Our community does not use established cooking or
cleaning teams, and anyone can sign up for meals whether or not they cook or
clean though we request that everyone put in one meal-related hour per month.
Both cooks and cleaners do get participation hours and all adults pay for the
meals they eat. We have two regular dinners most weeks. Suggestions anyone?

Martha Wagner
Columbia Ecovillage
Portland, OR