Re: Meal Cleaners?any good solutions for getting 'em?
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:42:39 -0700 (PDT)
We have good help cleaning up after most group meals. Cooks are the ultimately-responsible ones, but typically about 6 helpers are major players. Factors: = a simple and predictable routine for getting dishes washed and put away; leftovers bundled up for take home = well laid-out areas: besides dishwasher, a pot sink, and another sink for handwashing knives, wine glasses and such; rolling dish cart with bin of clean white dish towels on the lower shelf =big clanking steamy dish washer, restaurant type, that appeals to the guys

= liberal use of "volunteering" folks who are just sitting around. "Here's a rag - would you wipe these tables?" "Would you please gather up more dishes to wash?" "I need someone to empty the compost bucket" -- or better yet, "Mary, could you....?" And of course lots of thank yous and acknowledgement.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where the town is ablaze with flowers, the garlic is waist high, peas coming on, rhubarb is gigantic
and we have two homes for resale
www.rosewind.org