Re: Meal Cleaners?any good solutions for getting 'em?
From: Jude Foster (foster.judegmail.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 03:44:31 -0700 (PDT)
Several key points that help with meal club clean-up:
1.  We have a Meal Club like some described here - optional and distinctly
separate from required workshare for the community.
2.  Our pattern:  Two cooks, two clean-up people for a meal.  Cook once a
month, or clean up twice a month.  Number of meals per month depends upon
number of cook teams.
3.  Consistent monthly calendar, with the cooks most often cooking on the
same day of the month each time (like 3rd Monday) and most often, with the
same clean-up crew.
4.  If a clean-up person can't make it on a scheduled night, he or she
makes every effort to trade or ask for help in advance.
5.  If the clean-up team falls apart, by the day before the meal, the cooks
can cancel the meal.  It happens perhaps once or twice a year.
6.  If a clean-up person doesn't show up (ah life), others step in, and the
trade in schedule happens after the fact.
7.  On a side note, we close Meal Club for the 3 summer months, and do
potlucks instead, once or twice a week, as people call them.

Jude from Trillium Hollow in Portland, just across town from Martha and
Columbia Ecovillage, who first posed the question for her community