Re: Scarcity of meal cleaners discussion
From: David L. Mandel (dlmandelpacbell.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 19:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like a recipe (pardon the pun) for disaster if it can and does easily
happen that people cook when no one has signed up to clean. Whether your teams
are permanent or ad hoc, If the cooks also clean, then the problem will never
occur. It doesn't create more total work, someone who cooks on day X is
presumably also available to clean, and it avoids potential grumbling I'd
imagine by a cleanup crew about a particularly messy cook group.
I guess I have to believe it works in some communities, Of course a meal team
could itself decide to divide the labor however it wants, but as a whole I
can't imagine any meaningful advantages to separating the functions.

David