A waiting LIST or a waiting POOL?
From: peterpiper (peterpiperriseup.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 03:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
We move in at the end of the year and we already have a waiting pool of people who have been accepted as members but whom we don't have a free dwelling for - yet.

We've decided to have a waiting pool, rather than a first-come-first-served list so we can choose the most appropriate person for any vacancy. But we are now wondering if it would be fairer to have a waiting list where the person who has been on the list the longest gets first choice?

Any thoughts fellow cohousers?

Alan

Appendix our membership allocation criteria

1. The applicant's needs based on (dis)ability, mobility and other relevant medical issues
2. Suitability of available property to the applicant’s household size.
3. How the applicant would contribute towards building a diverse community in accordance with our values.
4. How the applicants skills and experience would benefit the community.
5. How the applicants income/savings would affect the sum total of net incomes across the project.
6. How quickly the applicant could take on the lease agreement.
7. Length of time in the waiting pool
8. The voluntary contribution the applicant had made to the community.
9. Any other contributing factors.