Re: Meal Cleaners?any good solutions for getting 'em?
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
We have a super simple system. We eat together twice a week. All residents are
required to cook for one meal a rotation (about once a month). We all do our
own dinner dishes. Cooks are in charge of clean up of pots and pans, serving
dishes and any stray dishes for the meal they cook.  We do not  exchange any
money: cooks control the cost of the meal by controlling the menu.  People
recovering from an injury or major illness, parents with new babies, etc get a
free pass to eat and not cook for a designated amount of time.  The meal
scheduler posts a calendar, and people sign up.  People who forget to sign up
are assigned the remaining spots, and may trade with others if they can't do
the slot they are assigned.  I would love it if we had a separate cleaning team
after each meal, but am in the minority in that opinion.  This has worked well
for our small community ( 12 households), but probably wouldn't work as well in
a large community.