PLEASE DELETE UNNEEDED QUOTES
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
With all the replies about "meal cleaners" the quotes are
building up a lot of quoted quotes etc.

PLEASE RENEW YOUR EFFORTS TO DELETE UNNEEDED QUOTES.

They are a particular nuisance to digest subscribers
(over half of Cohousing-L subscribers are in digest mode).
Digest subscribers have to hunt thru the quotes in the
digest to find the new material.

To discourage messages bloated with quotes, posts to cohousing-L
that are larger than 8K bytes are held for my review.  This usually
catches quoted digests - the worst case, but it also catches messages
with numerous builtup quotes like my firend Rick's and David's
that I reposted a few minutes ago after deleting all quotes.
(I did not leave relevant quotes since that would take more study
than I chose to do; presumably the person posting could do this with
little study since they were familiar with the messages.)

Note that when your message is held for my review because it has
gotten over 8K with quotes (or any other reason), it is delayed til I
can look it over. I usually do this in the morning so held messages
are typically are not distributed til the morning following when
they are sent to the list.  And with busy summer here I might not
get to it as promptly.  So that is another reason besides making your
message easier to read for digest subscribers to ...

To avoid delays in your message being distributed...

PLEASE RENEW YOUR EFFORTS TO DELETE UNNEEDED QUOTES.

Fred, listserv manager, http://justcomm.org

PS please do not feel personally criticized by this message. It is a
systemic problem (software often makes it the default to quote
everything) but individual effort can overcome it.