Re: Meal cleaners
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:03:28AM -0400, Sharon Villines wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2012, at 9:55 AM, R.P. Aditya wrote:
>
> > The cooking team (1 head cook, 4 hours credit, and 2 assistants, 2 hours
> > credit each) is distinct from the cleaning team (3 cleaners, 1.5 hours
> > credit each though it usually takes about 1 hour to clean up or less now
> > that we are well practiced, the bottleneck being the Hobart)
>
> What kind of machine is the "Hobart"? Why is it a bottleneck?

http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/warewashing/undercounters/lxi-undercounter/

Each cycle of wash/rinse/dry takes about 3 minutes and it takes about
that long to fetch and load a tray with about 20 individual dishes (and
if it is a particularly cheesy meal, to scrub off the sticky
bits). Since each meal typically has about 15-20 loads, that's the
gating factor.

When we have our money saved up, we are going to remodel our kitchen and
replace the current Hobart with a pass through one so that our
getting-older backs don't have to bend down as much to load and unload!

Thanks,
Adi
Great Oak Cohousing
Ann Arbor, MI, USA