Re: Meal cleaners
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 07:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
On 29 Jun 2012, at 10:06 AM, Joanie Connors wrote:

> A Hobart is a commercial dishwashing machine, used in many
> restaurants. Those of us who have spent times working in restaurants
> commonly refer to the dishwasher as a Hobart.

We have that kind too but there isn't a real back up of dishes during the meal.
We just replaced it because it only takes 2-3 minutes, if i'm not mistaken, to
do a tray. By the time the next tray is loaded, the first is done. We rarely
have more than one meal a week, and sometimes that meal becomes a potluck for
lack of a cook team and people bring their own dishes. So the washer isn't run.

The back up is on dishes left on the counter between meals.

No one (in the past) has bothered with these dishes — they just build up until
a meal is cooked and someone fires up the Hobart. Some of us have wanted a
professional size residential washer in the kitchen for small loads. One person
has now offered to do a small load when necessary in the Hobart.

We just replaced our Hobart so it heats faster and is more efficient.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC