Re: Dishwashers (related to thread on common meals clean up)
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 08:06:43 -0700 (PDT)
Dishes will usually get sanitized if they can be completely dry before
using. Germs have a hard time surviving if there's no moisture.

For added security during times of flus and other sicknesses, try
adding hydrogen peroxide to the water. It's also rumored that white
vinegar sanitizes, though it's good to add it to dishwasher loads for
hard water (to make the glasses come clean and prevent calcium
buildup) regardless.