Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 102, Issue 1
From: Zev Paiss (Zevabrahampaiss.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 15:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings All,

I remember at a very early cohousing conference in Boulder when I first shared my thoughts about the underlying lessons of cohousing. As I participated myself and watched as countless other jumped into the fray, it because clear early on that there was a whole lot more to this cohousing concept than what one sees at the start. At its core cohousing is about community and all the ups and downs that includes. It is about creating the physical structures but because of its collaborate nature it quickly becomes a lesson on getting along with others.

The quote in its entirety is:

"Cohousing is the longest and most expensive personal growth workshop you will ever take. But you end up with a very nice home in an amazing neighborhood."

Looking back, I have to admit that this aspect is one of the reasons we have 120+ communities after 20 years and not 120,000. Very few people are able or interested in doing what it currently takes to create these neighborhoods. Never mind that the sagging economy has made almost any kind of development very challenging.

Have a great day!

Zev Paiss
Nomad Cohousing Since 1997
Check out my futuristic novel at: http://www.fromhere-tothere.org