Clean up + Dishwashers
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 06:09:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Neighbors,

This is all interesting.  Two related questions:

I'd be very interested in seeing if there is a common thread.
I am wondering if communities with residential type Dishwashers have in fact an
easier time with post-meal clean-up?
This started out with the question--one we have too-- of sometimes having it
difficult to get clean-up folks.
Is it more  or mostly in commonhouses w Commercial style dishwashers that this
comes up?  Does the initial question re:  getting vols to sign up for clean-up
correlate w commercial dishwasher commonhouses?  Would you please please chime
in, if you wrote and let us know which kind of dishwasher your commonhouse has?

and
if you have residential style, would like to hear more examples of clean-up
procedure.  Do cooks clean as they go?  what about remaining pots, serving
pieces, floor sweeping, dishwasher emptying?
We'd appreciate hearing,  and this may be useful for folks in the design phase
too.

many thanks,

Ruth
Cantines Island, Saugerties, NY

where we do have one home available August 23-Sept 1, for a taste of CoHousing
in the Hudson Valley.
And we acquired some land, and have one building lot available.    Also one
neighbor ended up having to work and live elsewhere, so there may be a house
for sale.