Re: Clean up + Dishwashers
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 06:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
On 2 Jul 2012, at 9:09 AM, Ruth Hirsch wrote:

> Is it more  or mostly in commonhouses w Commercial style dishwashers that
> this comes up?  Does the initial question re:  getting vols to sign up for
> clean-up correlate w commercial dishwasher commonhouses?

Just to clarify, I don't think we have difficulty after meals because we do
have a cadre of people who like the commercial washer and think it is fun.

The problems are noise that interferes with after dinner lingering, makes it
uncomfortable when it shouldn't be, and the clean up of dishes between
scheduled meals. The odds and ends build up because no one wants to fire up the
monster to wash them and doing them by hand is not sanitary.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC