Re: Dishwashers / Sanitizing
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:45:46 -0700 (PDT)
Minor factual note- TB is an airborne illness, so dishwashing or the lack of it
is not going to affect transmission rates, but it could affect transmission of
things like shigella, Hepatitis A, or assorted strains causing gastroenteritis.

Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing

On sanitizing ? previous readers have said that sanitizing isn't important at
home so why is it important in the CH? The reason is that at home we know who
we are eating with ? and even there they can be very important. Decades ago,
dishwashers were placed in housing projects to reduce the spread of TB and
other illnesses. Without them, which diseases will return?
Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC