Re: Dishwashers (related to thread on common meals clean up)
From: Jessie Kome (jehakomac.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 04:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

At Eastern Village Cohousing, we split the difference.  We have a lot of
different kinds of social events with food, not just common meals.  And a lot
of different groups use our kitchen from time to time. Plus, we keep a small
coffee area for us and the guests in our guest rooms.  So, we have a
residential dishwasher that accumulates coffee cups and a few plates at a time
until it is full and gets run.  It is also used for larger events when one if
us isn't available to run the commercial dishwasher. And we have an
under-counter commercial dishwasher that comes into play for larger community
meals. The dishwasher we selected runs hot enough to kasher dishes for our
observant Jewish households.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where we are discussing back-up generators because having the power out from
Friday until Monday during a heat wave was not fun."