Re: Fiduciary Responsibilities - Taking Care of the Community
From: Norman Gauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 22:12:12 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon:

In our community, most people who come to community meetings want the
experience to be pleasant.  There are often fun things that facilitators
work into their agenda so that humor and light-heartedness figures into our
discussions.  If topics are presented that are administrative in nature,
glassy eyed looks often appear on many people's faces, and some actually
leave the meeting.   Unless we make the community meetings palatable, our
attendance will be below quorum.  I have actually been told by community
meeting attendees that what I am talking about is boring and that the Board
should handle it.

We require that each proposal approved by the community be ratified by the
Board.  Since the Board is the only body liable for negligence or purposely
making poor decisions, any repercussions of bad decisions rest entirely on
the Board.  Only the Board can be sued for its work, not the community.

Norm Gauss
Oak Creek Commons
Paso Robles, CA