Re: What it means to have fiduciary responsibilities
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 08:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
On 9 Jul 2012, at 1:26 AM, Norman Gauss wrote:

> In Cohousing Organizations the "crowd" is the entire community.  The Board
> then must conduct itself at a higher level.  The entire community is not
> obligated to act with undivided loyalty, but the Board is.

The sociocratic analysis of this is that "higher" means a broader viewpoint and
longer timeline.

The Board is charged with decisions that affect all members of the community
and encompass long term planning. The "higher" means more abstract with less
immediate effect on the daily operational concerns.

it doesn't mean greater power or control. Though some weighty decisions may be
delegated to it there lies a very deep systems trap here. Next message.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Coauthor with John Buck of
"We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy"
ISBN: 9780979282706
http://www.sociocracy.info