Re: Concessions for Affordability
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not sure what you mean by assessments?

Our affordable homes (25% of the total homes) have a lower condo fees in
perpetuity. They are calculated at a lower percentage of the project.
(condo fees are proportional to the original asking prices of the homes).

For cohousing fees, we have as sliding scale: pledge what you can afford from
5% of the average needed, to as high as you choose to go. (We publish the
average needed based on teh budget, then households pledge. So far, it always
brings in a bit more than the minimum proposed budget.)

So the condo fees will be lower forever. The coho fees are higher or lower
based on each households own perception of their ability to pay.

Our affordable homes are required by law to stay affordable when re-sold.

-Liz
Elizabeth Magill
www.worcesterfellowship.org