Re: Inclusionary Zoning and Assessments
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
In fact, early in our development (and later, too) we had lots of fears
about who future people would be.  Would they like us, would they be like
us, would they follow our rules, would they participate in community, would
they have large loud parties all night on their porches and decorate their
yards with 7 foot high jesus-in-a-bathtub statues?

We didn't label these "fear" at the time...they were just..."concerns".  We
wanted to protect ourselves.

In the end, NONE of those "concerns" were warranted.  While we get along
with and like some of our neighbors better than others, no one has moved in
who is really not with the cohousing program.  Everyone who even strongly
considers living here *wants to live here because of the people*.  Every
single one.  And in the end, it turns out, that is what matters.

If I could advise my former self and our group, I'd say to quit with the
worrying and trying to come up with rules and policies to keep Them from
moving in.  They won't..We will.  Without any effort on our part.