Affordable Housing: Rentals vs For Sale
From: Marty Maskall (mmaskallpacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 07:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
We will be including two Affordable Housing units in our 38-unit Folsom
EcoHousing project, 20 miles east of Sacramento, CA.  I'm wondering whether
they should be rentals or "for sale" units.  We've seen a huge demand for
rentals, based on the people who have come on tours of our property.  I've
read that it's hard to qualify to purchase an "affordable" home.

I understand that Mosaic Commons is having difficulty selling their
affordable homes because buyers can't qualify.  I'd like to hear the
experiences of some other communities.  Please include your community name
and your location.  Thanks!

Marty Maskall
Project Manager & Future Resident
www.FolsomEcoHousing.org -- a Family-Friendly Green Neighborhood