Americans with Disabilities Act - Title III
From: Norman Gauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:40:16 -0700 (PDT)
Has any cohousing group with a pool or spa been confronted with the
necessity of installing special hydraulic lifts for the disabled?

We have learned that HOA's, being private organizations, do not maintain
public accommodations unless they rent out privileges to outside groups.
The bottom line is that, in my understanding, HOA's are exempt from having
to install additional equipment in pools or spas.

Has any cohousing group examined the new requirements of the ADA and made
any decisions one way or another?

Norm Gauss

Oak Creek Commons

Paso Robles, CA